The following clinics are available at the Dovecot Surgery:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Respiratory (Asthma/COPD)
- Renal Function Monitoring
- Baby/Children/Adult immunisations
- Cervical Screening
- Family Planning
- CASH (Contraceptive Advice and Sexual Health)
- Healthy Heart Checks
- Weight Management/Exercise Referral
- Smoking Cessation
- Alcohol Consumption Advice
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations
- Elderly Screening
- Well Person Checks
- Flu Vaccinations from September each year
Clinic appointments are classed as routine services and provided by the most appropriate member of the team with the level of skills necessary to manage your care. It may take up to two weeks to book these appointments but reminders for chronic disease management are sent out well in advance to ensure patients are seen within the recommended monitoring timescales.
- Treatment Room - Treatment Room duties include wound dressing, ear syringing and injections.
- Maternity Services - Ante-natal and post-natal care are provided in conjunction with the community midwives.
- Counselling Services - The practice can offer a range of counselling services including short term counselling therapy to assist with a wide range of problems. Appointments are available by GP referral. Our Cognitive Behaviour Therapist is also available to help patients experiencing anxiety disorders, phobias, depression and other problems.
- Community Psychiatric Nurses - CPNs provide specialised advice to patients and families in their homes at the GPs request and are based at Clifton House in Thornaby.